You’re buying answers too faster, easier way to view your operation.
- Dashboards provide instant near real time reporting, enabling decision making as processes are happening
- Transforms clerks back into a managers, allowing them to make decisions rather than processing paperwork
- Reporting provides answers to questions you hadn’t even thought of, because you didn’t yet have all the data
Fleet Management Technologies are worth the money, but only if you utilize the data for true analysis and with a mandate for continuous improvement. Here is a proven strategy for making the most of Fleet Management.
What about the cost?
Fleet Management Technologies do require an investment. But the real question is, what are you losing by not having a fleet management system? Most companies utilizing fleet management technologies save between 5%-6% in direct operating costs by the increase of efficiencies gained utilizing near real time decision making.
What is the basis for a 5%-6% increase in efficiency?
«Using detailed survey data on the business practices and information technology investments of 179 large publicly traded firms, we find that firms that adopt DDD (Data Driven Decision Making) have output and productivity that is 5-6% higher than what would be expected given their other investments and information technology usage.»
How many employees does it take to run a system?
Most operations utilize staff they already have when adopting a Fleet Management system. Clerks, dispatchers, engineers, and managers are all shuffled as the paperwork load is reduced and the analysis load is increased. When done properly, the burden on staff remains about the same, but staff efficiency is increased.
How Fleet Management users waste their investment
A common mistake: not investing enough resources to benefit from efficiency improvements. It is critical to invest enough money and resources to realize a return your investment.
To take full advantage of Fleet Management:
- Train staff on the proper utilization of the new tool
- Set expectations with measurable benchmarks linked to Fleet Management
- Tie employee reviews, bonuses, and promotions to milestones in adoption
Where to Start
Ask the following:
- What are the inefficiencies we cannot resolve?
- What are the matrices we struggle to quantify?
- What obstacles prevent us from effecting real and lasting change?
Fleet Management data purchases answers to these questions.
About the author: Daniel Moore is the Product Manager for FARA a Light Fleet Management System at MISOM Technologies in Tucson Arizona. MISOM injects cultural transformation into businesses by providing easily accessible integrated data coupled with process re-engineering know-how.
Daniel Moore +1 (520) 245 4620
Technology Manager at MISOM Technol